Thursday, January 22, 2009

New friends, new family...

I just came back from meeting two new friends (Mikey and Pandora)...one of them I have met twice, while the other one it was our first meeting. I am soooo happy that the dinner happened..though I didn't eat anything.

How do u know if you are going to get along with these new friends or not..you will know when it's your first meeting and all you did was lots of laughters! We said hie, and then started talking and talking and talking..it almost as if we have been friends for a long time. I didn't had to think of what I was going to say next cos I felt so comfortable to be myself..

To be alone in another country, one needs to build a new family. This family is made out of the new friendship you make with people you meet. I have been sooo blessed to have met so many people I can call family.

On another note, I worked on a surprise 60th birthday party event recently. The event was attended by 80 people, all gathered in a hall and when the birthday lady walked in with her husband, everyone sang the birthday song...It was wonderful...the feeling of friendship and love..The husband gave a speech about how they met and how amazing the wife is as a wife, mother and grandmother. I was so touched and nearly teared. I really hope one day, when I m old, I will still be surrounded by all my friends whom I love and who love me.

2 comments:

Cmate said...

Happy Chinese New Year, babe!! Show the people there how we celebrate CNY ya!!

Unknown said...

hi, so happy that you've found new friends and make you feel like you are part of their family. Is good cos you are now so far away from your real family. And when you need help they can help you too since they are much closer to you then us. Take care and stay healthy. Hope that all your dreams come true.