Thursday, October 27, 2011

ONE WHOLE YEAR

Photo by Monika Grzybowska

So, I guess the best way to start my first entry of 2011 (oops..) would be with a picture. The picture above says it all. It was taken during my graduation film shoot and pretty much summarize my whole of 2011.

This year has been a busy year despite the initial thought that it will be kinda a break as a student. NO, I was very wrong..being a student is not easy at all. Following schedules, attending lectures and chasing deadlines...I totally forgotten all that.

For those who hasn't been updated, I started my MA in Filmmaking beginning of this year at Goldsmiths Uni. I made the decision last year when I submit my application and then got accepted. It was one year, and I thought I should take the opportunity.

Started the course in January, shot my first 2 min project in March, followed by a non-dialogue project in May. Had some kind of a break in July/Aug, although I spent most of the time in Uni preparing for my graduation film. It was very stressful but well worth the effort and time put in.

Despite the full time study schedule, I was lucky enough to squeeze some travelling into it. I went to Copenhagen for 3 days to celebrate Steffan's birthday with him. It was really nice to see Marian and David there as well since it was almost a year ago since we last met.

In July, we went to Barcelona. I have missed out Spain totally in my two years of travelling, so I made it a point that I must visit Spain this year. Barcelona is very pretty, has that 'vintage' air to it. However, we not only experience the aesthetic values of the city, we were also unfortunate enough to experience the typical Barcelona's visit story; we got picked pocket on the first day of arrival before we even step foot into the hotel. Sighhh...Luckily though (not really), we did not let the unfortunate event spoil our entire holiday...

For my birthday, Steffan brought me to Dublin. It was a very good short break. It took me away from sitting in front of the computer whole day, replying emails and making phone calls negotiating. Dublin is alright as a city, I wish we had more time to go outside the city though. Well, this gives us a reason to go back! :)

Yeah, I nearly forgot :p, I had a birthday BBQ surprise too...Had a beautiful delicious cake and close friends over to celebrate my birthday this year! Lots of great news this year as well, many of my close friends are pregnant and one couple getting married!

After my birthday, I was just busy with my film...back to emailing, phone calling and drafting paperworks. Now that the principle shoot is over, I have only one more essay to write and THAT'S IT for this year!

Hmm, thats my year in summary..Haha..oh well, I will post some pictures to illustrate some of the events.

So, NEXT adventure!!

No comments: